Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Ninja Lavender Bag



Ninja, Lavander Bag, I struggled to work out what to get boyfriend for our impending anniversary...I love giving and receiving presents, he does not.  And said boyf took seven weeks to give me a birthday present...so I can't hold out much hope for something in return...

But I love giving presents so perhaps this is my present to me? Well that's sad but regardless I have made him...a Ninja lavender bag!

I used my little felt ninja as a guide for how my lavender Ninja should look.  I made the Ninja the same way I made my Mario plushie; I drew my Ninja on some A4 paper, then cut it into the individual pieces.  I had some black cotton fabric from when I attempted to make a work skirt and some peach-ish fabric from an old pillow case for the skin.  I pinned the pattern pieces to the fabric and cut each bit out (very simple pattern; black body and arms, and two black strips for face and one peach strip for face).
Ninja, Lavender BagI used the handle of a paper bag wrapped in black thread for the ninja erm...stick...

Then I bought some lavender on Amazon (£5 for 250g approx), and filled the Ninja with lavender.
He can use it in his wardrobe or under his pillow to aid his poor sleeping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment