Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Cuddly Little Ewok (from Star Wars!)

In the early, early stages of making a terrarium for boyfriend (basically a little garden in a bowl that you arrange in a scene), and I'm creating a star wars theme.  All I've done so far is make a little Ewok.



 It looks a bit silly- like a misshapen teddy bear with an orange sack on its head- which is essentially an Ewok!  I don't have a bowl or any other equipment so all my little Ewok can do is guard my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment