Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Tuesday 9 April 2013

Star Trek Dress

Star Trek dresss!  I used New Look pattern 6048 and a Star Trek duvet cover I bought off the interwebs.  My first attempt was way too big so I took the dress apart and re cut the pieces a size smaller- I also decided that there was too much of the Star Trek fabric and I took off the skirt.  I bought some blue camouflage fabric from the market for a totally inspired creation.  The bodice section was still way too big even though I re cut it from a 12 to a 10 but then I realised that it's an American pattern (doh) and they have big sizes so an American 10 is a UK 14.  Anyway I couldn't be bothered to re-cut the pattern so I just cut a bunch of the back. I think I might make it a bit shorter but we'll see.







No comments:

Post a Comment