Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Snorlax Door Stop

I have been mulling for a while about getting a door stop as my door closes itself which is very annoying.  I put it off as I couldn't think of what to make but I stumbled across a picture of Snorlax.

Snorlax is a giant pokemon who sleeps and eats, he is in fact a key plot point in the early pokemon games as he blocks your path and you have to figure out how to wake him up.  So he seemed like a good choice for something that's going to sit there blocking something.



 I drew out Snorlax, cut out the individual pieces, then cut them out of the fabric.  I sew the main body together and filled with rice.

Then I sewed the ears, arms, and feet and filled them with toy stuffing, and sewed them on to the body.








1 comment:

  1. Door stops are indeed great in protecting our doors from damage. Although the main purpose for these is to keep the doors from closing, these help so much in protecting doors from unwanted scratch and other forms of minor damage as well. Thanks for sharing this wonderful and creative idea.

    -RBADoor.com

    ReplyDelete